17 November 2011

Film Review: THE AWAKENING.


Went to the cinemas on Tuesday night after a large feast at Chiquito's and to be honest, there aren't that many good films on at the moment. :( We ended up picking like the most random film ever. It isn't a film that I would usually go for as I dislike "old" films...they just don't seem to be my thing. This film was meant to be set in like the 1920s or whatever so yeah, it might not be your thing if you don't like them kind of films.
I guess this film was slightly better than what I had expected and it wasn't as boring as I thought it would be which was goooood. However I did have a slight problem with trying to understand the film/storyline...Everything was so complicated that my friends and I ended leaving the cinema with unanswered questions. The film definitely killed a few of our brain cells! Where did this Robert guy come from? Is the nanny  related to the girl by blood or is she just the girl's dad's "mistress?" Why could the girl see Tom and the others couldn't? HMMMMMM.
There were a few "jumping" moments but it wasn't "scary" scary so I guess those who aren't usually into horror films could watch it too.
Overall I would give this film 2.5/5!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment